Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stork Naked / Piers Anthony

Stork Naked

(category: fantasy)
book ?? of Xanth by

Piers Anthony

published by Tor / Tom Doherty, New York in 2006, read in September 2009

Agamedes' rating: 2 out of 10


Agamedes' opinion:

I must admit, I failed to reach the end of the first chapter. Then I read the final “author’s note” and put the book away. How many puns can fit in one story? Can puns successfully replace plot? Not according to me... Anthony has, once more, taken a grab-bag of assorted characters on a pointless stroll through Xanth. This is a children’s morality story, bulked out with pointless puns and endless references to -- and avoidance of -- “the adult conspiracy”. Catalogue it anywhere between Aesop’s Fables and some of the worst of Enid Blyton.


..o0o..

This blog is supported by Agamedes Consulting. For an independent and thoughtful review of your own documents, email nick leth at gmail dot com.


If you must buy it, at least follow this link to Amazon. That way, if you subsequently agree with my opinion of the book, you will at least have the satisfaction of having provided me with a small commission for my warnings.

No comments: