Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Dare / Sharon Lee & Steve Miller

I Dare

(category: science fiction)
book 4 of Liaden Universe by

Sharon Lee & Steve Miller

published by Meisha Merlin Publishing in 2002
Nick read a library book, in December 2009

Nick's rating: 8 out of 10


Nick's opinion:

What a lot of fun! The good guys are really, really good and the bad guys... well... hardly get a chance to appear before they are wiped out. Or convinced to be good guys. Hmmm... that didn't really strike me while reading -- but yes, the bad guys get just the occasional short chapter and the occasional few paragraphs. Yet there was action a-plenty and lots of likable characters. With a happy ending, too :-) Probably lucky, though, that my first Liaden Universe read is book four; there may have been nasty loose ends in some of the earlier books! I've called this book "SF" but there are also characters with mental powers which make me think, "fantasy". Mind you, it could just as easily be "romance" or "adventure"... An enjoyable book which makes me want to go back to books one, two and three...


..o0o..

These reviews are provided by Agamedes Consulting.

For an independent and thoughtful review of your own documents,
email nick leth at gmail dot com.


No comments: