Thursday, August 25, 2022

Future Perfect, Felicia Yap

Future Perfect
by Felicia Yap
science fiction

copyright 2021
started reading in July 2022

rated 5/10: readable but only if there's nothing else

In fact I suspect that it's ell worth reading -- but I stopped reading. Very early. Why?

I enjoyed the near-future world. Drones everywhere, doing all sorts of things (walk with your head ducked in case of low-flying drones). Intelligent devices acting as personal life managers. I particularly liked the car which ignored instructions and instead drove the character to his appointment. A believable world, tending to dystopia.
Okay, I did not like to meet someone only to have her blown up.
But then... I just did not get involved with the book. I like *science* fiction, so far so good. But I had no interest in the characters. Nor in their actions.
I put the book down. Could not be bothered picking it up again.

It seemed like a good book. But not for me.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

If you're not a part of the solution, then you're part of the vast majority. (Alfred E. Neuman)

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments: