Thursday, August 25, 2022

Better off Dead, Lee Child, Andrew Child

Better off Dead, 
(Jack Reacher #27)
by Lee Child, Andrew Child

thriller
copyright 2021

read in august 2022

rated 6/10: read to pass the time

That is: read to pass the time *and* if you enjoy the Jack Reacher style then yes, you will enjoy this book. Hmm. What I mean is, It's cartoonishly violent it's moral I enjoyed it.

a few chapters in and I thought, this book is the same as the other JR novel. and of course it's not. it's the style which is so very familiar.
a new co author, a switch to first person, the same style of, evil villains. the same super confident and competent (and good) hero. a new supporting cast of tough but nice people who need help.
the same level of threat and violence. I hope that I never meet anyone as nasty as the villains. if I do I will cheer if Reacher appears and metes out violence in my defence.

realistic? I hope not. enjoyable as fiction? definitely yes.


No comments: