Tuesday, April 26, 2022

The Obsoletes, Simeon Mills

The Obsoletes
by Simeon Mills

science fiction

copyright 2019
started reading March 2022

rated 4/10: bad but could be read

I read a few chapters. Began to think, ha ha that's clever. Then... ha ha, I bet they're going to...
And good grief. That's exactly what they were going to do. Oh, and it isn't clever. It's nasty with a straight face.

It's possible that the author is trying for a metaphor of modern parenting. Okay.

Unfortunately the book -- as far as I could bear to read -- is unpleasant. Unsympathetic. With no hint of acceptance of the human weaknesses of the non-human metaphors.

I read books for pleasure. This book gave me none.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Gone to lunch. If not back by 5, Gone to dinner." ... per Ginger Meggs

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)


No comments: