Sunday, April 3, 2022

The Awakening, Nora Roberts

The Awakening
(Dragon Heart Legacy #1)
by Nora Roberts
fantasy, chicklit

copyright 2020
started reading in February 2022

rated 5/10: readable if there's nothing else

The Irish fairy-folk are sweet, kind, magical (of course) and willing to fight to defend their isolated niceness. Does that sound good? Then read this book. Me? My stomach is churning. I think that "twee" is the word. There's a low limit to my tolerance for saccharine over-sweetness.

To be fair: I quite enjoyed the start -- before the heroine reached the land of sugar and magic. I liked the heroine. But had enough saccharine and stopped reading.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"It is not certain that everything is uncertain." ... Blaise Pascal===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments: