Friday, November 27, 2020

The Desert and the Blade / S.M. Stirling

The Desert and the Blade
(The Change #14)
by S.M. Stirling

fantasy, fansonly

copyright 2015
not read in November 2020

rated 4/10: bad but could be read

Okay, I only read perhaps ten pages. The prologue had some mad savage waiting in ambush, sounds like fun. Chapter one had a woman bemoaning the death of her father, fair enough. Except that it reminded her -- through a long and boring flashback -- of the long-ago death of her dog.

I have not met her father. I have not met her dog. Bo-o-oring.

As soon as I started chapter one I realised that I had read another book in the series. My review was harsh. This book -- from my very brief glimpses into the two books -- is not as bad as number ten in the series.

If you have read all thirteen books before this one then (a) you're tougher than I am and (b) you will, no doubt, enjoy this book. It is definitely for fans only.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

The best part of [Triple J's Hottest 100] is watching everyone realise they've aged out of the demographic for [Triple J's Hottest 100] ... John Birmingham"

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments: