Friday, November 29, 2019

Elvenblood / Andre Norton & Mercedes Lackey

Elvenblood
(Halfblood Chronicles #2)
by Andre Norton, Mercedes Lackey

Fantasy, chicklit

copyright 1995
re-read in December 2019

rated 7/10: well worth reading

I am just typing, Not too complex a world... and I realise, this world really is quite complex. Yet the complexity is so logical that there are no sudden surprises. A whole new "race" is introduced -- new since book one -- but that's it. One new race in a well-defined world, a natural extension of the world of the first book.

I like the characters. There are goodies, there are baddies, there are various characters in-between. Yet, once defined, they do not chop and change. Many characters are "imperfect": unsure of themselves yet with clear moral directions. They may make mistakes (not many!) but they do not chop and change in their knowledge of right and wrong. Thank goodness!

I've read this book before, many years ago. Perhaps I read it several times, I certainly remember it well. On this reading I still enjoy it -- perhaps even more. It may be that this book two is not quite as enjoyable of book one, with several years since I have (re)read one, book two is more enjoyable with the less obvious comparison.

Sure, this book may seem like a six out of ten -- but today I will rate it as seven, well worth reading. I wanted a book to fill in a couple of days. I wanted enjoyment without too much challenge. I wanted goodies who acted the part. Elvenblood provides all of this. Plus magic, romance and dragons. Very, very enjoyable :-)






Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Experience is the comb life gives you once  you're bald" … per Ginger Meggs

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



No comments: