Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Truth / Terry Pratchett

The Truth
(Discworld #25)
by Terry Pratchett

fantasy, humour

copyright 2000
read (again) in August 2015

rated 9/10: really, really good

It's a while since I last read a Discworld novel. But it seems to me, this is one of the best. Likeable characters, tangled plot, awful puns, social satire and humorous vegetables.

I've also come out of a series of dystopian novels. The latest one was so miserable that I gave up reading half way through. I was desperate for some light relief...

Thank goodness for Discworld !

I read The Truth in one day. At several points I was laughing so hard that I was choking. (I do have a cold.) I had to stop reading, think serious thoughts, calm down... before I could risk reading on. I mean to say... They caught him by the Trifles... Ah, you just had to be there :-)

With a satisfactory ending for everyone. Although the potato may want a few more goes at reincarnation...

Brilliant :-)



Jules Renard (as quoted in GMail) - "Laziness is not

   

No comments: