Wednesday, August 5, 2020

My Man Jeeves / PG Wodehouse

My Man Jeeves
(Jeeves series)
by PG Wodehouse

humour

copyright 1919
read in August 2020

rated 8/10: really quite good

Okay, I'm a Wodehouse fan. This is good Wodehouse. What more can I say!

The book is a series of short stories. Most are about Jeeves and Bertie Wooster. Those are all excellent: funny, enjoyable, pleasant, terribly dated. I mean, where could we now find such nice people?

Then there are two stories with a different main character, Reggie Pepper. Reggie -- for me -- just does not work.

Bertie is always helping friends. I mean, that's what a chap does. Bertie admits to being rather short of ideas, so he depends on Jeeves. Jeeves always saves the day.

Reggie is always helping friends. Or, at least, trying to help. I mean, that's what a chap does. Reggie is also a self-admitted chump though he does come up with some supposedly excellent ideas... Reggie's ideas cause more troubles than they cure.

I enjoyed all the stories, I like both the characters. I prefer Bertie's successes to Reggie's mixed results.

That's my preference for a happy ending :-)

The entire book is still excellent Wodehouse: light, positive and very funny.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Please do not feed the fears" … graffiti on a toilet wall

===
Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments: