Monday, August 31, 2020

Light / M. John Harrison

Light
by M. John Harrison

science fiction

copyright 2002
started reading in August 2020

rated 4/10: bad but could be read but see below

There are a couple of extremely creepy characters. One small hint that they may somehow be linked. Two completely  different settings.
No interest in the characters. An expectation that the senseless killings will continue. No desire to find out.

Twenty-eight pages is too much. I stop reading.

15aug22: Good grief, I tried to read it again. Absolutely forgettable. Before I found the first review I wrote:

rated 3/10: so bad it's embarrassing

I'm guessing that the author had a story in mind.
After 20 or 30 pages of rubbish I gave up.
There's an unexplained (so far?) murder, a space-piracy murder. A dozen or more characters, none pleasant. No plot linkage -- nothing making any sense.
Perhaps we need a few more monkeys hitting typewriters.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

I'm not cynical… just experienced… per Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments: