Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Espedair Street / Iain Banks

Espedair Street
by Iain Banks

fiction

copyright 1987
not read in July 2020

rated 5/10: readable but only if there's nothing else

Okay, that's not a fair rating but it's *my* rating. I thought, this bloke writes good science fiction, some of which I enjoy. Let's see what his non-science-fiction is like.

Stupid drivel.

Okay, that's just my *opinion*. As a reader of mostly fantasy and science fiction. Based on reading just a few pages of this book. So to be fair I'll quote from the front and back covers:

"Charming, sad, comic... the funnient, truest rock biopic yet" and "Glittering pockets of wit".

In my very brief reading I found no wit. Nothing funny. Perhaps a touch of sadness and charm.

Not a book that catches my interest. I stop reading.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Please do not feed the fears" … graffiti on a toilet wall

===
Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments: