Monday, June 22, 2020

2023 a Trilogy / JAMM

2023 a Trilogy
by JAMM (The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu)

fantasy

copyright 2017
partly read in June 2020

rated 6/10: read to pass the time

Fantasy? science fiction? social satire or commentary? Hard to categorise.

Did I enjoy reading it... as far as I read it? Sort of. In fact I enjoyed it more after I had read some background on "JAMM". Interesting people!

I had been thinking, the authors are comedians who are writing rubbish knowing -- in their own minds -- that their work will sell. Based on their own reputation. I was wrong!

These two -- the actual authors -- seem to have made a career of... umm... weird thinking. Consistent thinking. Which I admire.

Unfortunately I did not admire the writing. Lots of semi-contemporary references. Some obvious, some beyond me, some very obvious and unexciting. Not my thing.

If you see the problems of today's "civilisation" -- and like to read about what is happening and what could possibly happen -- read on.

I like my books to be a bit more subtle. Lightly sampled, as they say, like caviar. Rather than slathered on like marmalade.

An interesting book but not one that I am interested in reading.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Take a lesson from the weather… it pays no attention to what the critics say." … per Ginger Meggs

===
Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments: