Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Return of the Dragon Riders / Kristian Alva

Return of the Dragon Riders
(Dragon Stone Saga 2)
by Kristian Alva

fantasy, subadult

copyright 2011
read in December 2019

rated 5/10: readable if there's nothing else

Kid gets dragon, kid has super magic powers. Simplistic plot, easy to read. More violent than book one. Still no conclusion.

If you do not intend to read the other two books in the series -- rate this as 4: bad but could be read. I consider rating it as a six because I fully expect the story to finally wrap up -- at the end of book three. By itself, this book is childish rubbish.

And perhaps that's the problem: it is childishly simple. Fine, I could enjoy that. But childishly simple plus rather violent? No, not good. And it doesn't help to publish the one story as three separate books. It just highlights the weakness of the story, each book is a series of minor escapades.

I think I'll average my rating: 4 because it's rubbish, 6 because I'm reading it and it passes the time, so an average rating of five. Readable if you have nothing else to read.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"[The] truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is." ... Winston Churchill

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



No comments: