Thursday, October 6, 2016

If Then / Matthew de Abaitua

If Then
by Matthew de Abaitua

science fiction

copyright 2015
read in October 2016

rated 5/10: readable, but only if there's nothing else

I'm reading this book. I reach page 115. Out of more than 400. I stop reading. This book is boring me out of my mind.

It may be a moral fable of our time. Telling us that our monetaristic society is doomed. Telling us that putting our faith in a rural idyll based on radical brain surgery driven by a computer program provided by an international company... is doomed.

So what.

It's unbelieveable -- even for science fiction.

I think I'll read Russian for Dummies. It will be more interesting than If Then.

====
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
====

"I think that I've stumbled into the periphery of wisdom." … per Ginger Meggs

   

No comments: