Friday, June 14, 2024

Binti, Nnedi Okorafor

Binti, Nnedi Okorafor
(Binti #1 of ?)
science fiction, subadult

copyright 2015
read in June 2024

rated 7/10: well worth reading

I had to read Wikipedia to find what an astrolabe is. And I like the book's development of the concept.
The science is soft: a mix of very very futuristic -- and magical.
The book is quite simple and simplistic -- in that problems are solved by intelligent beings approaching the problems with goodwill and positive intentions. I like it. The two main characters -- human and alien -- are interesting and likeable enough that we wish them well.
The book has a message (one or more) -- well presented. Clear but quiet.
I enjoyed the book (novella). Not enough to buy every book by this author but enough that I am glad I have Binti#2 ready to be read.
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Bandaid solutions hurt when they are removed.

...Dying for you to Read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com


No comments: