Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Who Runs the World?, Virginia Bergin

Who Runs the World?
by Virginia Bergin

science fiction, subadult
copyright 2018
read in December 2023

rated 8/10: really quite good

It's funny. I finished reading and *then* discovered that this book is for "young adult" I'm surprised but not surprised; I mean, it's obvious... when I know it.
I read it. Enjoyed it. Liked the characters. Appreciated the ideas. Sympathised with the granmummas. Worried with then cheered for the heroine -- and for the hero.
But young adult? Yes: the main characters are teens. The world is nice (with a dystopian secret). The violence is (mostly) off-stage.
Definitely subadult. Yet the theme is universal. Well presented. And well balanced. With a very satisfying ending.
I enjoyed this book.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

"Knowing the direction doesn't mean you have to go." ...


Dying for you to read my blog :-)


No comments: