Thursday, February 2, 2023

Carrion Comfort / Dan Simmons

Carrion Comfort
by Dan Simmons
horror
copyright 1989
read in January 2023
rated 2/10: unreadably bad

Don't get me wrong. If you enjoy reading about evil, cruelty and lovingly detailed gore then this book is for you.
The book begins in a Nazi death camp. Sickening violence is described in detail. One inmate is witness to a mysterious power which would allow the Nazis to rule the world. The inmate survives.
Forty years later that survivor is the only person who can stop the Nazis from using that power to rule the world.
At that point I realise that I have already read this book. Several times. All that changes is the mysterious power. In one less horrible book it was flying saucers. This time it is vampires.

From then on the only point is, can the author make the book even more sickening. Unfortunately the answer is yes.

I was sickened. I jumped to the end, to see if anyone survived. Then I went back to see why the two definitely dead villains were still alive. A few more murdered children and I stopped again.

My rating: "bad" because it is violent in a nasty way. And for me, it is unreadable.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Yesterday I knew nothing. Today I know that." ... per Ginger Meggs

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments: