Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Rogue, Rachel Vincent

Rogue
The Shifters #2
by Rachel Vincent
chicklit, fantasy

copyright 2008
part read in May 2022

rated 5/10: readable but only if there's nothing else
Some chicklit I enjoy. I mean... I enjoyed Twilight. Good grief :-)
This book...chicklit... I just do not enjoy.
"The claws are out" really?! There are two themes -- as far as I read: (1) Wouldn't it be great to be an independent, strong... cat. Though some of the attitudes are more dog-like. Anyway: (2) Wouldn't it be great to act as an oh so independent female while being ruled by an exceedingly macho male. With hints of violence and rape still to come.
(1) is harmless fun. (2) is bad.

Family fantasy chicklit. I don't like the subservience.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ... Saint Augustine

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)


No comments: