Friday, August 6, 2021

Upside Downside / Ron Goulart

Upside Downside
by Ron Goulart

science fiction

copyright 1982
read in August 2021

rated 6/10: read to pass the time

Is this book intended to be a "dystopia"? Probably not. It's a world that I would not like to live in. A view of the 50-year future where all our gloomy predictions have come true :-(

Then again... for the people who live there... who have adapted enough to control their own lives... perhaps it's not so bad.

It's not a nice world. Yet when I finished reading I was *not* left feeling miserable. So -- not a dystopia :-)

I enjoyed this book. Enough to keep an eye open for more by the same author.

Interesting story, good characters, great imagination. Probably intended as an introduction to more books with the same hero.

Unfortunately the hero is not interesting enough. Sure, I enjoyed this book. I would probably enjoy more in the series. Yet there is *no* feeling of, that was fun, no lingering, what a great character.

Enjoyable. Funny in places. Imaginative with interesting plot and solid action. But not a great book.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Question authority. Don't expect to like the answer." ... per Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments: