Thursday, May 13, 2021

Too Like the Lightning / Ada Palmer

Too Like the Lightning
(Terra Ignota #1)
by Ada Palmer

dystopia

copyright 2016
read a bit, May 2021

rated 2/10: unreadably bad

I started reading... trying to read. It makes no sense. None whatsoever.

Very clever, perhaps? Another Ulysses, an invented language, impossible to read? No. What I read was incomprehensible and uninteresting.

What little I read was... nonsense.

I tried the Wikipedia entry. The longest plot summary I have ever seen... I guess the wiki author had no idea, either.

So, okay, here's a guess. Based on the Wikipedia article: The author has invented a societal organisation which -- she believes -- will result in world peace. She wants to push her idea. So she wraps a flimsy plot round her idea. And "shows" what a terrific world it would be. If only we all followed her brilliant idea.

Almost a pity the book is unreadable.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery"


===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments: