Friday, May 7, 2021

The Terranauts / T. Coraghessan Boyle

The Terranauts / T. Coraghessan Boyle

science fiction

copyright 2016
read 27.3% in May 2021

rated 5/10:  readable, but only if there's nothing else

To be fair -- this is a good book. Well written. Exploring interesting ideas in an interesting -- sometimes challenging -- way. A sealed environment -- a spaceship still on Earth -- is a fascinating idea.

The book presents a complex environment -- human, animal and physical -- and presents it well. There are problems -- expected (by me) and unexpected. All believable, all well presented.

I'm just not interested.

There is just one character who is -- at best -- quite likeable. The others? I don't care. Interesting? Challenging? Ho hum. Interactions? Oh yes, well explored but I don't care... well, I don't really enjoy.

Right now I want books where clever characters solve interesting problems. So far, the problems are, in the main, the characters. And I don't really care.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery"


===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments: