Saturday, February 6, 2021

Neuromancer / William Gibson

Neuromancer
by William Gibson

science fiction, dystopia

copyright 1984
not read in January 2021

rated 4/10: bad but could be read

I keep reading references to this book. Wikipedia, for example, says, "It is one of the best-known works in the cyberpunk genre and the first novel to win the Nebula Award, the Philip K. Dick Award, and the Hugo Award. It was Gibson's debut novel and the beginning of the Sprawl trilogy."

Finally... I reserved it from the local library. Took it home. Started reading... and could not be bothered reading past the first few pages.

Unappealing main character. Unappealing setting. (I've just added "dystopia" to the book's category.) Unexplained plot.

I skipped to the last few pages. Found an explanation of what has happened. This indicates, (1) It's a complicated story which needs to be explained and (2) the body of the book does not explain what happened. Of course I could be wrong.

This is an unappealing book.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

I'd rather be super rich than completely stupid... Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments: