Monday, December 21, 2020

The Hunger Games / Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games
(Hunger Games #1)
by Suzanne Collins

Fantasy, dystopia, chicklit , subadult

Copyright 2008
Read in December 2020

Rated 9/10: really really good

There's been a lot of publicity about this book. A lot. Sometimes that puts me off. This time I had the feeling, maybe it's as good as its publicity. And it is.

My initial rating was eight. but. I think this book is worth a nine. Any qualms I have are part of it being written for younger readers. Subadult. Teenagers. Teenage girls... because a the main character is a teenage girl. And because she changes clothes a lot.

In its category this book is really really good. In any other category it is really quite good.

I do have one criticism. Near the start of the book the heroine puts on her boots then puts on her trousers... Come on! trousers first, then boots.

Apart from that, I thoroughly enjoyed this book :-)

I also read the Wikipedia summary of the series and thought, books two and three seem a bit extra. Added on because there was money to be made. Having read to the end of book one— yes, it does seem to need more. I'm looking forward to reading more.



Nick Lethbridge
Consulting Dexitroboper

No comments: