Saturday, December 5, 2020

The Bone Clocks / David Mitchell

The Bone Clocks
by David Mitchell

fantasy

copyright 2014
started reading December 2020

rated 4/10: bad but could be read

This book is "fantasy", I read just a few pages and found no fantasy. I believe fantasy does happen.

What I did find was a stupid girl. Someone that did not inspire me to read further. She -- and her stupid actions -- inspired me to stop reading. So I did.

Though I then read the Wikipedia entry for this book. And learnt several things:

Man Booker prize tells me nothing about the quality of a fantasy. World Fantasy award indicates a rubbish fantasy book. And from the Wikipedia plot summary, I learnt that I was wise to stop reading.

If you like whatever the Man Booker judges like, go for it. From this one experience, I do not.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

It's a dog eat dog world. Bring a bottle of something ... per Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments: