Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Lies of the Beholder / Brandon Sanderson

Lies of the Beholder
(Legion #3 of 3)
by Brandon Sanderson

fantasy

copyright 2018
read in October 2019

rated 7/10: well worth reading

This is a novella. It wraps up -- and closes off -- a short series of books. It can be read alone though it takes a while for me to work out who is (or is not) who.

This is the only one of the series that I have read. It still makes sense -- and surprises me with its depth.

As I understand it, the first two books have the hero, "Legion", following the back-page blurb to act as "an incredible intelligence agent". This book is more introspective, as Legion battles "to understand and control his own divided nature."

This is a story of a man with mental issues and his efforts to ensure his own sanity. Presented with enough action to make it enjoyable. Well, I'm not sure whether or not I really understood it... but I read it, enjoyed it, took away more than just satisfaction at baddies being defeated.

Speaking of baddies... Very unbelievable, both them and their science. But who cares, it's a novel. Fiction. I enjoyed it. And gained a little bit more than I expected.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Books suffer wear and tear, just the same as hip joints, cars and reputations." … Thursday Next per Jasper Fforde

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



No comments: