Monday, October 29, 2018

Prepper's Dehydrator Handbook / Shelle Wells

Prepper's Dehydrator Handbook
by Shelle Wells

self help

copyright 2018
read in October 2018

rated 8/10: really quite good

What do I know about dehydrating food ? Everything ! You just chop it up and dry it...

Well, no. It seems that the concept is simple but perfection takes some practice. And knowledge. And some quite simple techniques.

This book is clear, straightforward, well organised. Not a book to be read cover-to-cover, it's for dipping and browsing. I did read the general chapters -- and learnt a lot ! Then there are many pages on drying of specific produce: interesting, comprehensive, easy to understand.

If you're interested in drying and preserving food, this is an excellent book. (I should admit that I cannot really guarantee the excellence. I have only ever dried a few lumps of meat. But the book does seem to make a lot of sense.)

It would be particularly good as a "starter" book if you intend to get serious about drying food. If you think you already know it all -- use this book for occasional reference, to compare ideas.

Oh, and I like that I learnt a new word: Prepper. I had to look that up. I'm not a prepper. I just like the idea of preserving food by drying it.





Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"If money won't make you happy, you won't like poverty either." … Ginger Meggs

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



No comments: