Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Raven Stratagem / Yoon Ha Lee

Raven Stratagem
(Machineries of Empire #2)
by Yoon Ha Lee

​science fiction

copyright 2017
read in April 2018

rated ​7/10: well worth reading

Solid science fiction. Compulsive reading. Almost incomprehensible. Yes, I enjoyed this book. Understanding all the detail -- was beyond me.

​As far as I can tell... characters act consistently. Every so often there will be a revelation, a character will reveal a hidden plot or motive. From then on that character will be described differently; it gets confusing! But fun. Or, perhaps, clever. But certainly confusing.

Having now read book #2 I'm tempted to re-read book #1, it may now make more sense. Maybe!

I've enjoyed both books. Perhaps I will enjoy them even more​ if I can follow more of what is happening.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Even if a million people repeat the same nonsense, it is still nonsense" … Anatole France (paraphrased)

===

No comments: