Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My Grandma Follows Me on Twitter / Craig & Marc Kielburger

My Grandma Follows Me on Twitter
by Craig & Marc Kielburger

humour

copyright 2012
read in January 2016

rated 6/10: read to pass the time

First world problems such as, "My holiday cottage doesn't have internet, so I can't update my Facebook to tell everyone that I'm at this great cottage." And, "The guy I hired to play World of Warcraft for me while I'm at work lost all my honour points, now I can't buy the Deadly Gladiator's Cloak of Triumph."

Just under a hundred "problems", to remind us that life isn't really so bad -- if these are really our only problems.

Good for a chuckle or two.

But the main point of this book is to remind us that other people have more serious problems. With very pointed suggestions as to how we can help those other people.

So it's a well-meaning, social conscience stirring book, made readable by adding a dash of humour.

Not great. Not bad.

====

"It's better to have loved and lost than to have loved, married... and then lost"... Beyond the Black Stump

No comments: