Friday, June 19, 2015

The Waking Engine / David Edison

The Waking Engine
by David Edison

fantasy

copyright 2014
"read" in June 2015

rated 4/10: bad but could be read

I rate this book as "bad but could be read" -- even though I couldn't be bothered finishing reading it. It's not unreadable. Just stupid.

I don't like any of the characters. Don't really dislike them, either. They are just creepy people who would be avoided at a cocktail party. And who act weird... though I suspect that it's meant to be mysterious. Or possibly even significant.

It's possible that this whole book is intended to be both significant and meaningful. For as much as I could be bothered reading -- two chapters -- it is pointless and meaningless. And somewhat nasty.

I did skip to the end, read just the last page or two. The main character says, Well, I gained a few skills but I didn't really do anything... So, nothing to look forward to. Confirmed my decision, to stop reading.

You may like to read the entire book, just so that you can tell me how good it was ! Please... don't bother.

No comments: