Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Beyond the Hanging Wall / Sara Douglass

Beyond the Hanging Wall
by Sara Douglass

prequel to ??
fantasy

copyright 1996
read in April 2014

rated 6: read to pass the time

Read that rating as positive: read to pass the time -- and expect to enjoy the reading. It's an enjoyable book. Just... nothing special.

Likeable characters, interesting plot, not too much suspense. This looks dangerous... Will they survive... Yes, they survived. I was caught up in what was happening. I enjoyed the successes. I knew that there would be no failures.

No real suspense. Just an enjoyable book. Romantic fantasy, chick lit, fun.

I like to review with no bias, so I avoid other web commentaries. When I have finished this review -- I really need to check up on that "prequel ??"...

The cover says, " A gripping prequel to the Darkglass Mountain trilogy ". Really ? Inside, this book is grouped with the Axis trilogy. I know that I have met the characters in another book... I vaguely remember the first Darkglass book -- and I can't imagine a link. So... It's a prequel but I can't say to which other books.

No matter ! All by itself, I enjoyed the Hanging Wall.

A straightforward story, to be read to be enjoyed. And if you recognise the characters -- from whatever other series -- then that's a bonus :-)

====
Problems ? Solved

No comments: