Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Harry Potter 1 & 2 / J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter...
(1) ... and the Philosopher's Stone
(2) ... and the Chamber of Secrets
by J.K. Rowling

fantasy, young adult

published in 1997, 1998
read -- not for the first time -- in July 2013

rated 9 / 10: really, really good

We were on holiday. Sure, I had brought books to read. But they were in our hotel room and we were drinking tea in the hotel lounge.

There were magazines. And a few books. Including... the first Harry Potter... May as well start reading it, I thought. Won't matter that I won't finish it before we leave, I know what happens...
Well...

What a great book ! All of a sudden I am caught up -- again ! -- in Harry Potter delight ! As soon as we returned home I found my own copy of The Philosopher's Stone and finished my re-reading. Then found Chamber of Secrets and re-read that one. And I may re-read more...

This is an excellent series. Enjoyable, exciting, entertaining. I read the books -- this time -- with a clearer image of the heroes as young children. It adds just a little bit more to my appreciation of the book. And to my anticipation of the characters developing as they grow older.

If you are one of the very few people who do not know the basic concept of the series -- start reading now ! For the rest of the world... What can I say that has not already been said ?

The movies are, I am sure, fun Hollywood movies. The books -- are terrific.
====
Problems ? Solved 

===
02oct15: 

And again !

Yes, I have just re-re-read the first Harry Potter book... and enjoyed it. Yet again.

Even better, it was pleasant break from some really... rubbish... books :-( Which I may fail to finish.

No comments: