Friday, November 3, 2023

Revenger, Alastair Reynolds

Revenger
(Revenger #1 of 3)
by Alastair Reynolds
science fiction
copyright 2016
stopped reading, November 2023

rated 4/10: bad but could be read

The book starts with two girls being idiots. Either they are in serious trouble or this is a simplistic children's book.
Well, I read until nearly every caricature had been brutally killed. Yes, they are caricatures rather than characters.
So it's brutal and horrible. The title states the theme...
Except that this is book one of three. No, I can't see that anywhere on the cover :-(
I'm not enjoying the brutality. I do not want to wade through three volumes to get to the ultimate -- perhaps -- vengeful comeuppance.
I stop reading. If I already had all three books, it could be worth reading a bit further. But, there is no enjoyment. I stop.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Whoever said "fighting never solves anything" obviously never won a fight


Dying for you to read my blog :-)


No comments: