Wednesday, August 30, 2023

in the Lives of Puppets/T.J Klune

in the Lives of Puppets
by T.J Klune
fantasy
copyright 2023
started reading in July 2023
rated 5/10: readable but only if there's nothing else

The beginning is a bit strange. Too many gaps in the explanation.
A few pages in -- plus a reference somewhere to Pinnochio -- and I have a vague idea.
But I have no interest in reading more.
The characters are interesting but... not interesting enough that I want to follow their adventures. The backstory is vague -- unexplained -- too simplistic to pique my interest. My worry is, if the rest of the book is this silly, it will be terribly boring.
On the other hand... if a villain suddenly appears with an axe -- I will be upset, the characters are harmless, unexciting but sort of nice.
I put the book aside... and have no interest in reading more. I do have other -- known to be good --  books to read.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Too many people consider themselves open-minded when they're really just empty-headed. (Alfred E. Neuman)


pwMapAppreadMe)


No comments: