Sunday, August 21, 2016

Hollow World / Michael J. Sullivan

Hollow World
by Michael J. Sullivan

science fiction

copyright 2014
read in August 2016

rated 5/10: readable, but only if there's nothing else

Sullivan follows H.G. Wells into the future on a home-built time machine. Yes, I can see the comparison. I didn't need the Author's Note at the start to point it out.

Sullivan finds the Eloi. The Morlocks have to be introduced. Makes me think that this is more social commentary than science fiction. Social commentary that strikes me as... weak.

The future humans are GM, genetically modified. Weak, childish and uninteresting.

The future world is sort of interesting. The hero spends a lot of time having things explained to him. Not very exciting. I skimmed through the last quarter of the book.

I skimmed. The book is readable, just not exciting.

Ho. Hum.

====
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
====

"The world's most affectionate creature is a muddy dog." … per Ginger Meggs
   

No comments: