Saturday, December 26, 2015

Doomed / Chuck Palahniuk

Doomed
(follows Damned)
by Chuck Palahniuk

fantasy

copyright 2013
opened / abandoned in December 2015

rated 3/10: so bad it's embarrassing

Sometimes an author writes a book for a particular demographic. People outside that demographic read the book and think, Wow! that's an interesting insight into something that would normally not interest me !

Palahniuk has not done that.

He has written a book which -- as far as I can guess -- is aimed at a very specific audience. If you are outside that target demographic -- the book is trash, rubbish and awful.

Absolutely cringe-worthy. I stopped reading at page 29.

I'm pleased to say that I am definitely not amongst the people who enjoy the Doomed style of crudity and nastiness.

No comments: