Tuesday, December 2, 2014

World of Warcraft: Wolfheart / Richard A. Knaak

World of Warcraft: Wolfheart
by Richard A. Knaak

fantasy, fansonly

copyright 2011
read in November 2014

rated 7: well worth reading

This is fantasy and it's quite good. Some surprisingly interesting angles. For example, how do the Elves feel now that they have lost their immortality ?

On the other hand, the target audience is players of World of Warcraft. The story is complete in itself but it's set in the World of Warcraft universe. Or... I don't know... is it really any good for non-fans of World of Warcraft ?

I play WoW. Wolfheart fills in the story between two game releases. Fascinating stuff ! To a WoW player...

Central to Wolfheart are the Worgen. So that's what happened ! I thought. And promptly went and started my first Worgen character...

As a World of Warcraft player and fan, I rate this book as a seven, well worth reading.

For a non-WoW-player... Would this book be interesting ? It's very hard for me to tell !

"Fansonly" in the very bad sense of, "it's rubbish" ? I don't know. And, really... I don't care... Seven is my own rating for my own enjoyment :-)

====
Problems ? Solved

No comments: